[PATCH] vmcoreinfo: export SECTION_HAS_MEM_MAP
David Hildenbrand (Arm)
david at kernel.org
Mon Sep 28 23:16:52 PDT 2026
On 9/29/26 04:02, HAGIO KAZUHITO(萩尾 一仁) wrote:
>
>
> On 2026/09/29 9:25, Dave Young wrote:
>> On 9/28/26 7:42 PM, David Hildenbrand (Arm) wrote:
>>>
>>> You know the crash code best, so likely ... it's time one of the crash people
>>> takes over this patch?
>>
>> Rethinking about it I'm hesitating to add many more to vmcoreinfo although it is reasonable, about the #ifdef things, there are other places other than mm, crash can not depend on the /proc/config.gz which is not reliable in the old kernel memory, maybe it will be helpful to export another elf note for old kernel's kconfig. So I'd like to support to use your patch for the time being as the first bit is always needed and leave the remaining concerns a follow up item.
>
> I agree, from makedumpfile's view point.
>
> (to be exact, makedumpfile needs this but maybe crash can read enum values from vmlinux.)
That's a good point, maybe that indeed works for crash.
--
Cheers,
David
More information about the kexec
mailing list