need help: patches to capture events between kexec load and execute

Tushar Sugandhi tusharsu at linux.microsoft.com
Mon Jun 6 10:22:39 PDT 2022

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for taking a look at my patches.

On 6/6/22 01:19, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> The main piece that seems to be missing is updating the size of the IMA
> buffer in the mechanism used to pass its details to the new kernel (so
> device tree in current mainline [setup_ima_buffer], the setup_data piece
> in my x86_64 patches). Without that you'll only load the original set of
> measurements even if the extra data is in the buffer.

Ok. Thanks for the pointer.
I will take a look at your patches and get back to you with updates.

> I think there's also a potential problem in that you assume an extra
> page is sufficient for any additional measurements which may or may not
> be the case - I don't see any check in ima_update_kexec_buffer that the
> buffer is big enough for the new IMA data.

Agreed.  I wanted to solve that problem next.
First I wanted to verify at least a few events are getting copied after
the kexec soft reboot.
But thanks for pointing this out.
> J.

Again, appreciate your pointers.