Is it possible to use a stream for initrd=

Tobias Powalowski tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:16:31 PST 2022

Hi,
I have a tmp directory with all files placed in:
find . -mindepth 1 -printf '%P\0' | sort -z | LANG=C bsdtar --uid 0
--gid 0 --null -cnf - -T - |\
    LANG=C bsdtar --null -cf - --format=newc @- | zstd -T0 > /initrd.img

and this initrd.img I want to write into kexec without creating the initrd file.

kexec -l /vmlinuz-linux --initrd=/initrd.img --reuse-cmdline
 systemctl kexec

Thanks for your help.
greetings
tpowa