Compiling makedumpfile from source

HAGIO KAZUHITO(萩尾 一仁) k-hagio-ab at nec.com
Thu Jun 10 22:00:49 PDT 2021

-----Original Message-----
> Thank you.
> for example, i am trying to compile: elfutils-0.182 package downloaded
> from https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/0.182/
> After successfully configuring it, make fails with following error.

Ah, I thought by mistake that you failed to compile makedumpfile.
Probably you should ask it to the elfutils community.

btw, if you can use makedumpfile with dynamic libraries, maybe you
can use the distribution's packages without building elfutils.
I'm not familiar with Debian/Ubuntu, but I built a makedumpfile on
an Ubuntu machine once with the following packages:
  libdw-dev libelf-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev
and "make LINKTYPE=dynamic", please see FAQ.002 in README.

Kazu