Reuse framebuffer after a kexec (amdgpu / efifb)

Guilherme G. Piccoli gpiccoli at igalia.com
Fri Dec 10 07:24:08 PST 2021

On 10/12/2021 12:13, Christian König wrote:
> [...]
> How about issuing a PCIe reset and re-initializing the ASIC with just
> the VBIOS?
>
> That should be pretty straightforward I think.
>
> Christian.

Thanks Christian, that'd be perfect! Is it feasible? Per Alex comment,
we'd need to run atombios commands to reprogram the timings, display
info, etc...like a small driver would do, a full init.

Also, what kind of PCIe reset is recommended for this adapter? Like a
hot reset, powering-off/re-power, FLR or that MODE2 reset present in
amdgpu code? Remembering this is an APU device.

Thanks a lot!