kexec not working in xen domU?

Guilherme G. Piccoli guilherme.piccoli at canonical.com
Mon Dec 14 13:52:55 EST 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 4:13 PM Phillip Susi <phill at thesusis.net> wrote:

> Whenever I try to use kexec in a xen domU, the domain just reboots all
> the way through the bios rather than loading the kexec'ed kernel with
> the given command line.  Is this a known issue?  I've tried with both
> systemctl kexec and kexec -e.

Can you capture the serial console in a pastebin? Maybe add something
like "earlyprintk=ttySX", where ttySX is your known-to-work serial
console output. This helps to determine if it's a shutdown issue or an
early boot problem.
Also, worth to CC Xen mailing-list in this discussion I guess, I'm CCing them.
Cheers,

Guilherme