[RFC] fitImage support on ARM64

Arnaud Ferraris arnaud.ferraris.external at sigfox.com
Tue Jun 12 06:35:27 PDT 2018

Hi,

I started working on implementing fitImage support in kexec.

Regarding image parsing & loading, things are going quite well, but I
realized the only way to load a device tree and/or initramfs for now was
to have them stored in files separated from the kernel.

I came up with a solution that requires appending new fields to the
kexec_info structure (see attached patch), and wonder if that sounds
right to you ? I guess other architectures might benefit from this
support, so I didn't want an ARM64-specific solution.

Any comment will be welcome !

Regards,
Arnaud