kexec reboot fails with extra wbinvd introduced for AME SME

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 17 19:00:47 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Dave Young <dyoung at redhat.com> wrote:

> Could you say more about how to check this? My .config disabled
> CONFIG_X86_MCE, should this be enabled?

By all means, try it.

Some pending machine check exception that we have *not* reacted to,
and that is pending around kexec boot could very possibly be relevant.

I forget your exact symptoms. Was it that the _first_ kexec works, but
the second one hangs? Or was that the other unrelated issue? Or have I
confused this with some other report entirely?

               Linus