kdump issues with 4.11 kernel

Gurumurthy, Anil Anil.Gurumurthy at cavium.com
Wed Nov 29 02:06:14 PST 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhupesh Sharma [mailto:bhsharma at redhat.com]
Sent: 29 November 2017 15:16
To: Gurumurthy, Anil <Anil.Gurumurthy at cavium.com>
Cc: Dave Young <dyoung at redhat.com>; kexec at lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: kdump issues with 4.11 kernel

Hi Anil,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Gurumurthy, Anil <Anil.Gurumurthy at cavium.com> wrote:
> Thanks. That did help getting kexec to work.
> However I still do not get a crash dump - echo c  >
> /proc/sysrq-trigger does not get a crash dump.
>
> Any thoughts?

Cam you share the console messages you see when the crash kernel boots? Or do you see nothing after the crash is introduced via echo c
> /proc/sysrq-trigger
[Anil]  I do not see any messages after introducing the crash.

Generally, depending on your test machine arch, it is useful to use earlycon/earlyprintk to see if the crash kernel produced any useful message until the actual console device became operational.

Can you try setting the earlycon/earlyprintk settings and share the crash kernel logs messages after the same?

Thanks,
Bhupesh