[Makedumpfile Patch v3 7/7] mem-usage: allow to work only with -f for kernel version < 4.11

Atsushi Kumagai ats-kumagai at wm.jp.nec.com
Thu Mar 2 20:35:48 PST 2017

>> > You forgot to set COMPLETED to retcd before goto.
>> > The behavior will be different from the v2 patch.
>>

>> I had thought about it. Should not an unsupported feature be a FAILED case?
>

>Judging from the result, it should be a failed case. People expect to
>get a dumped vmcore, it failed to collect at last because of unmatched
>kernel and tool.

When you change the design, please note it into changelog,
it's a review point of view.

  Changes since v2:
    - Fixed a memory leak issue and updated man page and usage info

As for the return value, I guess both is OK if there is a clear intention.
If this is what you intended, I have no objection.
(it actually sounds more reasonable)

So I'll merge the v3 patch into v1.6.2, thanks for your work.

Regards,
Atsushi Kumagai