Kexec on ARM - memory detection

Pratyush Anand panand at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 10:20:43 PDT 2017

On Wednesday 26 April 2017 10:45 PM, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Pratyush Anand <panand at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kristian,
>>
>> Sorry, I missed this mail.
>> Are you still on it, or it is solved?
>
>   No problem, I'm still experiencing the issue but I haven't
> investigated it further.
>

>> How does kexec-tools see above memory ranges?
>> As per your /proc/iomem, it should have been
>> 42000000-5fffffff (0)
>>
>> Can you put some extra debug print in your code and check why do you have
>> above behavior?
>>

>   Can you point towards some examples or documentation for what you're
> looking for?

kexec-tools:kexec/arch/arm/kexec-arm.c:get_memory_ranges() is telling you that
you have
MEMORY RANGES
00012028b6d27010-bea6aee700000004 (0)

However, you /proc/iomem is telling you:

42000000-5fffffff : System RAM

get_memory_ranges() is reading /proc/iomem and finding out the available ram
locations. So, can you debug this kexec-tools function and see why you do not
get the range which is coming from /proc/iomem

~Pratyush