kexec-tools built with musl-libc can't load kernel

Vinnie Magro vmagro at fb.com
Tue Jul 26 07:29:58 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have built kexec-tools with musl-libc (using musl-gcc version 1.1.15), but kexec is unable to load my kernel with the error:
Overlapping memory segments at 0x40d000
sort_segments failed
Nothing has been loaded!

Building kexec with glibc produces a binary that is able to load the kernel, so the problem is not with the kernel that I am trying to load. However, the binary built with glibc is much larger, so I would prefer to be able to use a smaller libc.

Has anyone managed to compile a functioning kexec with musl-libc?

Thanks,
Vinnie