IO memory read from /proc/vmcore leads to hang.

Daniel Walker danielwa at cisco.com
Thu Jul 21 08:19:43 PDT 2016

  There appears to be no code which checks what is or is not System ram,
there is nothing that checks the device tree to see what is IO memory,
and nothing reads /proc/iomem .. So AFAIK nothing cares if it's IO
memory, or system ram, and there's no method to config things to skip
any memory in the system, except in makedumpfile which can skip symbols
not IO memory.