makedumpfile-1.6.1: Enhance the support for ppc64 and arm64
ats-kumagai at wm.jp.nec.com
Mon Dec 26 23:38:16 PST 2016
Thank you for waiting, at last makedumpfile version 1.6.1 is released.
Your comments/patches are welcome.
Main new feature:
o Support new kernels
- The supported kernel is updated to 4.8 in this version.
o New feature
- [PATCH v2] Support _count -> _refcount rename in struct page (by Vitaly Kuznetsov) ed46b6a
- [PATCH 1/8] ppc64: fix vtop page translation for 4K pages (by Hari Bathini) cf02f88
- [PATCH 2/8] ppc64: Use kernel terminology for each level in 4-level page table (by Hari Bathini) 37abbe1
- [PATCH 3/8] ppc64: address changes in kernel v4.5 (by Hari Bathini) bc86b61
- [PATCH 4/8] ppc64: address change in _PAGE_PRESNT flag for PowerISA v3.0 (by Hari Bathini) 3003fbe
- [PATCH 5/8] ppc64: use physical addresses and unfold pud for 64K page size (by Hari Bathini) afe7f9f
- [PATCH 6/8] ppc64: support big endian Linux page tables (by Hari Bathini) f3d7cc5
- [PATCH 7/8] ppc64: use the same masked bit values for 4K and 64K pagesizes (by Hari Bathini) 398746a
- [PATCH 8/8] ppc64: enable address translation support for radix mmu (by Hari Bathini) ed65d60
- [PATCH 01/10] arm64: cleanup code, comment, blank space, blank lines etc (by Pratyush Anand) c42c582
- [PATCH 02/10] read_vmcoreinfo_long: Allow to read hex values as well (by Pratyush Anand) b01fa28
- [PATCH 03/10] Introduce read_vmcoreinfo_ulong() (by Pratyush Anand) edc314e
- [PATCH 04/10] arm64: use already available PAGESIZE() and PAGESHIFT() macros (by Pratyush Anand) 48581a7
- [PATCH 05/10] arm64: fix page_offset definition (by Pratyush Anand) a4335c6
- [PATCH 06/10] arm64: fix re-filtering (by Pratyush Anand) 618b76c
- [PATCH 07/10] arm64: use value of VA_BITS and PHYS_OFFSET embedded into vmcore (by Pratyush Anand) 74df822
- [PATCH 08/10] arm64: immunize identity mapped address finding w.r.t. kernel changes (by Pratyush Anand) a84f726
- [PATCH 09/10] arm64: Add support for 4level 4K page translations table (by Azriel Samson) 969ee30
- [PATCH 10/10] arm64: fix memory layout as per changes in v4.6 kernel (by Pratyush Anand) b6fe70c
- [PATCH 1/2] sadump: fix segmentation fault on sadump-related formats (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) 0ba14bc
- [PATCH 2/2] sadump: fix wrong progress report on sadump formats (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) d5d268b
- [PATCH] Fix module init base and size offset for kernel v4.5 (by Guenther Hutzl) 32dd468
- [PATCH] Fix uninitialized file descriptors for parallel dump (by Atsushi Kumagai) 1474dd4
- [PATCH] x86_64: Set zero to phys_base for the kernel older than 2.6.22 (by Atsushi Kumagai) 114060b
- [PATCH] Add more descriptions of multi-threads feature (by Zhou Wenjian) 2af8d6a
- [PATCH v2] Cleanup: Use a negative number for uninitialized file descriptors (by Petr Tesarik) 8b8fa9f
- [PATCH v3 1/3] open_dump_bitmap: open bitmap file in non-cyclic case (by Martin Wilck) a8d8657
- [PATCH v3 2/3] move call to open_dump_bitmap() to after call to initial() (by Martin Wilck) 3696c40
- [PATCH v3 3/3] close_dump_bitmap: simplify logic (by Martin Wilck) c1c53f8
- [PATCH v2 1/2] Adapt code to get value of phys_base (by Baoquan He) acdbb1d
- [PATCH V2 1/4] x86_64: Calculate page_offset from pt_load (by Pratyush Anand) 0c9dd01
- [PATCH V2 2/4] x86_64: translate all VA to PA using page table values (by Pratyush Anand) c41e33c
- [PATCH V2 3/4] x86_64: kill is_vmalloc_addr_x86_64() (by Pratyush Anand) 8419f4d
- [PATCH V2 4/4] x86_64: kill some unused initialization (by Pratyush Anand) ecb3719
- [PATCH v2 2/2] Clean up unused KERNEL_IMAGE_SIZE (by Atsushi Kumagai) 0068010
Explanation of makedumpfile:
To shorten the size of the dumpfile and the time of creating the
dumpfile, makedumpfile copies only the necessary pages for analysis
to the dumpfile from /proc/vmcore. You can specify the kind of
unnecessary pages with dump_level. If you want to shorten the size
further, enable the compression of the page data.
You can download the latest makedumpfile from the following URL.
Details of the change are written on the git page of the following site.
Method of installation:
You can compile the makedumpfile command as follows;
1. "tar -zxvf makedumpfile-x.y.z.tar.gz"
2. "cd makedumpfile-x.y.z"
3. "make; make install"
makedumpfile [-c|-l|-p] [-E] [-d dump_level] [-x vmlinux] dump_mem dump_file
If you want to exclude pages filled by zero, cache pages, user pages
and free pages and to enable compression, please execute the following
# makedumpfile -c -d 31 /proc/vmcore dumpfile
More information about the kexec