Building kexec-tools with arm64 cross compilation

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Thu Dec 17 17:10:56 PST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 2015-12-17 at 07:45 +1100, Jeremy Nysen wrote:
> The kernel/git/geoff/kexec-tools repository doesn’t seem to cross compile for the target platform. I’ve tried the appropriate target options and TARGET_xx vars, etc, but it still errors out with missing includes and attempts to use host includes with target compilation when building for a mobile Android target platform.
>
> I’d greatly appreciate any info you have on the tool set and configure options you're using to build it.

I use the gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu toolchain package on Ubuntu.

I build with this:

  $ cd ${work}
  $ ${path_to}/kexec-tools/configure --build=x86_64-linux --host=aarch64-linux-gnu --target=aarch64-linux-gnu --without-xen
  $ make ARCH=arm64 clean all

Check it with this:

  $ file build/sbin/kexec
  build/sbin/kexec: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked,

-Geoff