Dmesg not being dumped

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 06:04:37 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

> On 08/19/2015 11:38 PM, Dave Anderson wrote:

The vmcoreinfo data strings were initially located in an ELF note in /proc/vmcore.
When makedumpfile -c was run on /proc/vmcore, it copied those ELF notes into the
compressed kdump header, and you have dumped them above.

So it seems to be an issue with vmcore-dmesg.  If you change the core_collector
variable to "cp" or "scp", it will copy /proc/vmcore unmodified to the target
location.  Then you can run vmcore-dmesg on that file to debug it.

Dave