remote kernel crash dump for Debian and Ubuntu

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Tue May 27 00:56:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

Some of you may want to give a test run to some enhancements I'm working on.

I am working on adding networked kernel dump functionality to the kernel crash
dump mechanism used on Debian and Ubuntu.

This is still in beta but has been working correctly for me.

You can find the details here on my blog :

http://caribou.kamikamamak.com/2014/05/20/remote-kernel-crash-dump-for-debian-and-ubuntu/

If there is some interest, I can post the modification as patches to the list
for review. Just let me know. Otherwise, you can view them at the following git
repository :

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/makedumpfile.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/networked_kdump_beta1

TIA,

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.