Can't load bzImage crashkernel on xen system with 32 bit kernel

Anthony Wright anthony at overnetdata.com
Fri Jul 11 04:27:40 PDT 2014

On 11/07/2014 10:38, David Vrabel wrote:
> On 11/07/14 08:58, WANG Chao wrote:
>> On 07/10/14 at 11:11am, Anthony Wright wrote:
>>> Hi Chao,
>>>
>>> Thanks for looking at this.

> Are you trying to do an in-guest kexec or are you trying to kexec from Xen?
>
> If it's the latter, it should just work with 32 and 64-bit images, Xen
> 4.4 and kexec-tools 2.0.5 or later.
>
> In-guest kexec doesn't work at all.
>
> David
I'm trying to do the kexec from within a 32 bit linux 3.10.17 Dom0
running under a 64 bit xen 4.4.0. When you say 'guest', does that mean
DomU's or does that include Dom0 as well? If it includes Dom0 could you
point me at some documentation to explain how/if it's possible to set up
kexec/kdump for Dom0.

I have a Dom0 kernel that's crashing infrequently. I can't reproduce it
easily and all the standard diagnostic techniques haven't been very
helpful. I'd hoped to generate a crashdump using kexec/kdump to help
diagnose the problem.

Anthony.