Kexec on arm64

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Wed Jul 9 11:49:19 PDT 2014

Hi Arun,

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 19:28 +0530, Arun Chandran wrote:
> After copying the resulting binaries to my target; I tried loading the
> kernel Image
>
> # kexec -l /Image
> Modified cmdline: root=/dev/nfs
> Unable to find /proc/device-tree//chosen/linux,stdout-path, printing
> from purgatory is diabled
> Cannot determine the file type of /Image
>
> It failed to load the kernel Image. Any pointers?

My kexec-tools [1] only supports loading of arm64 elf files, so
vmlinux, or a stripped version of it.  Image is a raw binary, and
is not yet supported.

Maybe something like this is what you need:

 ./kexec -d --load /boot/vmlinux.strip --append="console=ttyAMA0 earlyprintk=pl011,0x1c090000 root=/dev/vda rw --verbose" --dtb=/boot/fdt.dtb
 ./kexec -d -e

Also, my current master branch will only work reliably with PSCI
boot.  Spin-table boot has a bug and will be unstable for the next
few days.  Spin-table will re-boot, but only the primary cpu will
come up.

[1] https://git.linaro.org/people/geoff.levand/kexec-tools.git
 https://git.linaro.org/people/geoff.levand/linux-kexec.git

-Geoff