Next kexec release

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 11:19:08 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 07:49:11PM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Hey folks, I see recent discussions about desire for a new recent
> release of kexec, one of such reasons is kexec support on EFI systems.
> SUSE is also interested in this, and it'd be great if we can all synch
> up on supporting the same recent release.

Hi Luis,

I wanted to make sure that there are more frequent releases of kexec-tools
so that every release of Fedora, we can rebase to new kexec-tools and
support that.

I think this should should to Suse and other distributions. More frequent
releases will allow more frequent rebases to newer versions and allow
users to test newer kexec-tools easily.

Thanks to Simon that he has agreed to release kexec-tools every alternate
kernel release (roughly every 6 months).

W.r.t syncing on supporting same kexec-tools release, I am not sure how
will that work. Every distribution will have its own release schedule.
And most likely they will rebease to newer version when window for
next release opens so that it can get maximum testing time.