makedumpfile-1.5.6: Support linux-3.12 and linux-3.13.
kumagai-atsushi at mxc.nes.nec.co.jp
Tue Apr 22 16:50:50 PDT 2014
makedumpfile version 1.5.6 is released.
Your comments/patches are welcome.
Main new feature:
o Support new kernels
- The supported kernel is updated to 3.13 in this version.
o New feature
- [PATCH] Add -p references where appropriate in "--help" output. (by Dave Anderson) 84b8a57
- [PATCH v2] -v shows if lzo or snappy support enabled or not. (by WANG Chao) ab9908f
- [PATCH] eppic: Add support to module data structures. (by Aravinda Prasad) f77be84
- [PATCH 01/11] eppic: Scrub executable name for each user process. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) e9aa0a3
- [PATCH 02/11] eppic: Scrub filenames of cached dentries. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) a1ca1c6
- [PATCH 03/11] eppic: Scrub all entries in the keyring. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) cf59764
- [PATCH 04/11] eppic: Clear the message data of all ap_bus requests. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) fa46fb5
- [PATCH 05/11] eppic: Scrub data in tcp socket buffers. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 38be4d8
- [PATCH 06/11] eppic: Scrub data of udp socket buffers. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) d3ad960
- [PATCH 07/11] eppic: Scrub data of unix socket buffers. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 2fb6959
- [PATCH 08/11] eppic: Scrub socket buffers of guest network I/O. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 6790dff
- [PATCH 09/11] eppic: Scrub buffers involved in guest block I/O. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 12491a5
- [PATCH 10/11] eppic: Add README for eppic scripts. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 7aa4862
- [PATCH 11/11] eppic: Install sample eppic scripts. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 41e1ccf
- [PATCH v2 2/3] build: Honor VPATH to support out-of-tree builds. (by Simon Kagstrom) 1d087e9
- [PATCH v2 2/2] Get Dom0 max_pfn using pfn_mfn_frame_list if max_pfn unavailable. (by Petr Tesarik) bf1c602
- [PATCH] memset() in cyclic bitmap initialization introduce segment fault. (by WANG Chao) 4404368
- [PATCH] --dump-dmesg characters printing fix. (by WANG Chao) c582335
- [PATCH] Fix wrong report time for copying data. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) 3c30771
- [PATCH] eppic: Properly resolve structure members. (by Aravinda Prasad) d1bd9f9
- [PATCH] Restrict the mmap range to avoid mmap() failure. (by Atsushi Kumagai) 2091af1
- [PATCH 1/3] Fix string append in dump_log_entry(). (by Petr Tesarik) 4b2edb3
- [PATCH 2/3] Prevent buffer overflow in dump_log_entry. (by Petr Tesarik) 6743671
- [PATCH] Allow --dump-dmesg for Xen vmcores. (by Petr Tesarik) b94f0de
- [PATCH v2 1/2] Fix zero checking of get_mm_sparsemem(). (by Michael Holzheu) e7f5e7e
- [PATCH v2 2/2] Use max_pfn from mem_map array. (by Michael Holzheu) ebe2fa3
- [PATCH v3] Fix a segment fault in dumping not aligned ELF segment. (by Jingbai Ma) 3961a44
- [PATCH v2] Fix bitmap create for adjusted info->max_mapnr. (by Michael Holzheu) 5ec8eb6
- [PATCH v2 1/2] Earlier initialization of dom0_mapnr. (by Petr Tesarik) 47f0078
- [PATCH] Fix a div-by-zero problem. (by Wang Nan) 3828447
- [PATCH] Inhibit predefined macros when cross building. (by Wang Nan) dc30853
- [PATCH] Exclude small cycle regions wrongly. (by Atsushi Kumagai) e9177cd
- [PATCH] eppic: Do not scrub buffer length if length is zero. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) ba8d62a
- [PATCH] eppic: makedumpfile fails to recognise between global symbol and structure of the same name.
(by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 5198f32
- [PATCH] Fix too much buffer allocation for ELF format. (by Atsushi Kumagai) 70632dc
- [PATCH v3] Fix a segmentation fault when physical address exceeds 8TB boundary. (by Jingbai Ma) 881708b
- [PATCH v3 1/3] Introduce struct cycle to store the cyclic region. (by Baoquan He) cf8ff66
- [PATCH v3 2/3] Use struct cycle to update cyclic region and clean up. (by Baoquan He) d89b23b
- [PATCH v3 3/3] Remove member variables representing cyclic pfn region in struct DumpInfo. (by Baoquan He) 7a3d4a1
- [PATCH v2] Optimize is_zero_page. (by Marc Milgram) a4a4c74
- [PATCH v2 1/3] build: Derive objects from source files. (by Simon Kagstrom) 4ad78e5
- [PATCH v2 3/3] build: Rename generic-sounding SRC -> SRC_BASE. (by Simon Kagstrom) 97e19f9
- [PATCH 3/3] Optimize one-character output in dump_log_entry. (by Petr Tesarik) b367b67
- [PATCH] Cleanup: Add a comment for the magic number in dump_log_entry(). (by Atsushi Kumagai) bc90c02
- [PATCH v2] Cleanup: Reduce unnecessary memory copy. (by Jingbai Ma) 4b6a00a
- [PATCH] Add a warning to detect wrong cycle iteration. (by Atsushi Kumagai) 6e2643f
Explanation of makedumpfile:
To shorten the size of the dumpfile and the time of creating the
dumpfile, makedumpfile copies only the necessary pages for analysis
to the dumpfile from /proc/vmcore. You can specify the kind of
unnecessary pages with dump_level. If you want to shorten the size
further, enable the compression of the page data.
You can download the latest makedumpfile from the following URL.
Details of the change are written on the git page of the following site.
Method of installation:
You can compile the makedumpfile command as follows;
1. "tar -zxvf makedumpfile-x.y.z.tar.gz"
2. "cd makedumpfile-x.y.z"
3. "make; make install"
makedumpfile [-c] [-E] [-d dump_level] [-x vmlinux] dump_mem dump_file
If you want to exclude pages filled by zero, cache pages, user pages
and free pages and to enable compression, please execute the following
# makedumpfile -c -d 31 /proc/vmcore dumpfile
More information about the kexec