[patch 5/7 v2] export efi runtime memory mapping to sysfs

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Tue Nov 19 07:18:14 EST 2013

On Mon, 18 Nov, at 10:16:41AM, Dave Young wrote:
> Matt, desc_version is already in boot_params.efi_info, so kexec-tools
> can get the version from there. I do not need to export it as another
> file.

OK, cool.

> I think for now we do not need worry much about the compatibility
> issue, do you think I need add version checking in kexec-tools
> currently? like below?
>
> if (desc_version != 1) /* current version is 1? */
> 	error out it is not supported

Yes, something like that. If you already have kexec-specific ways of
checking a version number then that's fine. Just make sure that, if the
EFI memory descriptor structure is extended in the future and more files
are exported for each descriptor, kexec-tools say "I don't know how to
build a data structure for from these files".

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center