[RFC] makedumpfile-1.5.1 beta
kumagai-atsushi at mxc.nes.nec.co.jp
Tue Nov 6 05:01:04 EST 2012
This is the makedumpfile version 1.5.1-beta.
Your comments/patches are welcome.
o New feature
Commits related to "Support for Xen4"
- [PATCH v3 1/9] Make max_pfn symbol optional for Xen dumps. (by Petr Tesarik) 23da549
- [PATCH v3 2/9] Xen: Fix the offset of the _domain field in struct page_info. (by Petr Tesarik) 1ac5f1e
- [PATCH v3 3/9] Read the Xen crash ELF note into memory at startup. (by Petr Tesarik) fef3d0b
- [PATCH v3 4/9] Split Xen setup into early and late. (by Petr Tesarik) 10eaae3
- [PATCH v3 5/9] Initialize phys_start during early Xen setup. (by Petr Tesarik) f10acb7
- [PATCH v3 6/9] Fix domain pickled_id computation for xen-3.4+. (by Petr Tesarik) 82f8779
- [PATCH v3 7/9] Support Xen4 virtuall address space layout. (by Petr Tesarik) 3c5f397
- [PATCH v3 8/9] Add support for filtering out user pages under Xen4. (by Petr Tesarik) a98a2cc
- [PATCH v3 9/9] Do not fail for symbols removed in Xen4. (by Petr Tesarik) c3b1c4b
- [PATCH] Initialize Xen structures from initial(). (by Petr Tesarik) 825ac46
Commits related to "Support for snappy compression"
- [PATCH 1/8] Add dump header for snappy. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) aee4c39
- [PATCH 2/8] Add command-line processing for snappy. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) 8f445cd
- [PATCH 3/8] Add snappy build support. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) eddab4f
- [PATCH 4/8] Notify snappy unsupporting when disabled. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) f700ffc
- [PATCH 5/8] Add compression processing. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) 6320708
- [PATCH 6/8] Add uncompression processing. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) c0ff6ab
- [PATCH 7/8] Add help message. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) dcd1ec0
- [PATCH 8/8] Add manual description. (by HATAYAMA Daisuke) bba7e63
- [PATCH] keep dumpfile pages in a cache. (by Petr Tesarik) d9b6413
- [PATCH] Support for x86_64 1G pages. (by Petr Tesarik) 8389acb
- [PATCH] Change dwarf analyzer to search also into named containers. (by Atsushi Kumagai) 9478aa1
- [PATCH] s390x: Add 2GB frame support for page table walker. (by Michael Holzheu) f7aff3e
- [PATCH] add a missing return statement. (by Petr Tesarik) 0d3488d
> Now, I plan to do the two enhancement for performance, please see below.
> in v1.5.1:
> - Minimize the number of cycle
> in v1.5.2:
> - Improve the filtering logic
I said in another thread as above, but now I plan to include the later into
v1.5.1 too because I realized that it's important feature for many users by
So as a next step, I'll merge the two enhancement above and the eppic support
onto v1.5.1-beta, it will be v1.5.1-rc and I will release it in Nov 16.
TODO for v1.5.1-rc:
1. To minimize the number of cycle
I'm doing this now.
2. To add the mem_map array logic (Improve the filtering logic)
Hatayama-san, would you re-send the mem_map array patchset
based on v1.5.1-beta ?
3. To add the eppic support for security key filtering
Aravinda is making v2 patchset now, so I'm waiting for them.
More information about the kexec