[RFC PATCH v2 0/10] makedumpfile: cyclic processing to keep memory consumption.
vgoyal at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 08:39:05 EDT 2012
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:13:20AM +0900, Atsushi Kumagai wrote:
> I improved prototype of cyclic processing as version 2.
> If there is no objection to basic idea, I want to consider the things
> related to performance as next step. (Concretely, buffer size and the patch set
> HATAYAMA-san sent a short time ago.)
Hi Atushi san,
Good to see this work making progress. I have few queries.
- Do you have some numbers for bigger machines like 1TB or higher memory.
I am curious to know how bad is the time penalty.
- Will this work with option -F (flattned format). Often people save
filtered dump over ssh and we need to make sure it does work with -F
> > Version 1:
- I have few queries about the diagram in the link above.
- What is 1st cycle, 2nd cycle and 3rd cycle. Are we cycling thorough
all the pages 3 times for everything?
- What is 1st bitmap and 2nd bitmap and page_header? And why 3 cycles for
- And why 3 cycles for page_data.
More information about the kexec