makedumpfile-1.4.3: Support for PPC32 architecture.
kumagai-atsushi at mxc.nes.nec.co.jp
Wed Feb 29 20:40:49 EST 2012
makedumpfile version 1.4.3 is released.
Your comments/patches are welcome.
Suzuki implemented "Support for PPC32" feature. Thanks, Suzuki.
o New feature
Commits related to "Support for PPC32"
- [PATCH v1 1/3] Support for cross building. (by Suzuki K. Poulose) 96f24dc
- [PATCH v1 2/3][ppc64] Rename the __powerpc__ macro to __powerpc64__ for PPC64. (by Suzuki K. Poulose) 3d8b733
- [PATCH v1 3/3] Add support for PPC32. (by Suzuki K. Poulose) 9cfcdae
- [PATCH] Support newer kernels. (by Atsushi Kumagai) 029ebaf
- [PATCH] Fix segmentation fault for makedumpfile -x/--split. (by Aruna Balakrishnaiah) 8bc7d44
- [PATCH] Fix VtoP method for x86 remap allocator. (by Petr Tesarik) 3812217
- Send the patch to the LKML to store some symbols in VMCOREINFO.
(VtoP method for x86 remap allocator needs some symbols that
relate to remap allocator.)
- Support newer kernels (Especially DISCONTIGMEM).
Explanation of makedumpfile:
To shorten the size of the dumpfile and the time of creating the
dumpfile, makedumpfile copies only the necessary pages for analysis
to the dumpfile from /proc/vmcore. You can specify the kind of
unnecessary pages with dump_level. If you want to shorten the size
further, enable the compression of the page data.
You can download the latest makedumpfile from the following URL.
Details of the change are written on the git page of the following site.
Method of installation:
You can compile the makedumpfile command as follows;
1. "tar -zxvf makedumpfile-x.y.z.tar.gz"
2. "cd makedumpfile-x.y.z"
3. "make; make install"
makedumpfile [-c] [-E] [-d dump_level] [-x vmlinux] dump_mem dump_file
If you want to exclude pages filled by zero, cache pages, user pages
and free pages and to enable compression, please execute the following
# makedumpfile -c -d 31 -x vmlinux /proc/vmcore dumpfile
More information about the kexec