Sven Neumann s.neumann at raumfeld.com
Fri Dec 14 09:35:28 EST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 19:39 +0530, Naresh Bhat wrote:

> I can see you have tested a patch from "Daniel Mack"
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/kexec/2012-December/007526.html
>
> Can you please help me with the following
>
> 1. On which target it has been tested ?
> 2. Which kernel is used for testing ?
> 3. What are the --command-line arguments you have passed ?

The target is a custom hardware based on an TI AM33xx ARM Cortex A8
processor. The platform is quite similar to a Beaglebone.

We've tested with Linux 3.7-rc8.

We used

 kexec --append="`cat /proc/cmdline` <extra-parameter>" --dtb=<device-tree-blob> --force uImage

where <extra-parameter> is an extra boot parameter that we append to the
currently used cmdline and <device-tree-blob> is the filename of a
device-tree-blob created using dtc.

Regards,
Sven