makedumpfile availability for x86 3.2 kernels

Atsushi Kumagai kumagai-atsushi at mxc.nes.nec.co.jp
Fri Apr 27 00:24:48 EDT 2012

Hello Louis,

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:27:31 -0400
Bouchard Louis <louis.bouchard at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hello Kumagai-san,
>
> Do you have an idea of the availability of makedumpfile for 3.2 flavor
> kernels ?
>
> Ubuntu 12.04 Precise have just been released today and, since it is
> based on a 3.2 kernel, makedumpfile no longer works for it.

Sorry, I haven't tested makedumpfile for 3.2 kernel yet, but I think it
will work fine. If makedumpfile doesn't work in your environmental, then
would you report it ?

For your information, Suzuki reported that makedumpfile works for 3.2 kernel
on ppc32.

  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/kexec/2012-February/006022.html

Thanks
Atsushi Kumagai