kexec 2.0.2 MIPS

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Mon Sep 19 16:09:21 EDT 2011

Attempting to make kexec work for Mips32r2.  2.0.1 works, 2.0.2 doesn't.  Looking through the differences of the arch/mips folders I find that there is a reference to an extern simple_setup_start.  In 2.0.1 this appears to be referencing asm code from the file simple_setup_start.S, however, in 2.0.2 I cannot find the referenced location.

Is this the reason that I cannot get a Linux kernel to boot using 2.0.2 using the same command line as the 2.0.1?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Andy Kennedy