[RFI] Support Fujitsu's sadump dump format

HATAYAMA Daisuke d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jun 28 03:44:25 EDT 2011

Fujitsu has stand-alone dump mechanism based on firmware level
functionality, which we call SADUMP, in short.

We've maintained utility tools internally but now we're thinking that
the best is crash utility and makedumpfile supports the sadump format
for the viewpoint of both portability and maintainability.

We'll be of course responsible for its maintainance in a continuous
manner. The sadump dump format is very similar to diskdump format and
so kdump (compressed) format, so we estimate patch set would be a
relatively small size.

Could you tell me whether crash utility and makedumpfile can support
the sadump format? If OK, we'll start to make patchset.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke