Saveoops: Making Kexec purgatory position-independent?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at
Sun Feb 27 20:39:24 EST 2011

On 02/26/2011 04:57 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> This isn't a case of the code not being position independent.  This is
> case of where the relocations are applied.

This is a generic comment and may not apply to this particular case, but
it's pretty easy on x86 to build a chunk of code which is
self-relocating, meaning that it can be jumped to at any address without
any pre-relocation and do the necessary relocations itself.