[patch 0/3] kdump: Add external kdump entry point for s390 stand-alone dump tools

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Thu Aug 18 21:14:32 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:39:44PM +0200, Michael Holzheu wrote:
> Hello Vivek,
>
> I finished the patches that add the stand-alone dump tools support on
> top of the recently sent v2 patch series. The following three patches
> implement the program check idea that we have discussed recently:
>
> [1] kdump: Add new machine_kexec_finish() architecture callback
> [2] s390: Add external kdump entry point for s390 stand-alone dump tools
> [3] kexec-tools: Emit program check on s390 for checksum failure

Hi Michael,

in general I am fine with these patches and happy to merge them
although I am a little unclear about the status of the kernel side of
things. Please let me know if you would like me to merge the kexec-tools
patches now or wait a bit (for an updated version?).

Also, if you could give me any pointers on how to obtain an s390
cross-compiling environment for x86_64 I would be most grateful.