[GIT PULL] Please pull x86 biarch crashdump support and misc devel
Eric W. Biederman
ebiederm at xmission.com
Sat Sep 11 01:47:54 EDT 2010
ebiederm at xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:
> caiqian at redhat.com writes:
>>> I have fixed the wrong variable problem and I also spotted another
>>> architecture test in crashdump-x86e that would only work on i386, and
>>> fixed that.
>>> The new version is up at:
>> # /sbin/kexec -p '--command-line=ro root=/dev/mapper/vg_intels3e3601-lv_root rd_LVM_LV=vg_intels3e3601/lv_root rd_LVM_LV=vg_intels3e3601/lv_swap rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us console=ttyS0,115200n81 irqpoll maxcpus=1 reset_devices cgroup_disable=memory sysrq_always_enabled ' --initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.32-71.el6.bz623007.x86_64kdump.img /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-71.el6.bz623007.x86_64
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> Thanks. Wow I am out of it. It appears that I was assuming elf_info
> was zero initialized but taking no steps to make it that way, and
> someone elf_info.get_note_info took the value of one.
> I have added a memset and pushed that version of my code.
> I also took a moment and made certain that kexec -p at least works.
> I am surprised this bug didn't show up in my 32bit testing, *ugh*.
> So if you are brave and want to test there is a slim chance my new
> version of kexec will actually work on x86_64 now.
Ok. This time I really have tested my new version of kexec on x86_64
and it is working. At least enough to get me a crashdump that I
can read with vmcore-dmesg. So unless I think my horrible of trivial
mistakes is at an end.
I would love to hear a test result from someone else,
and I apologize to everyone for messing up.
More information about the kexec