powerpc32 support with device tree

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior sebastian at breakpoint.cc
Tue Jan 19 17:59:40 EST 2010

I've rebased my old patches on top of current kexec-tools tree and added
support for the uImage target. There was no negative feedback the last I
have posted as far I remember.

Now that there is uImage support, there is no need for a wrapper around
the kernel:
 kexec -l uImage --dtb=file.dtb

If the device tree does not contain the current memory size, clocks, mac
address, ... the --reuse-node option can be used in order to set the value
to the "current" value. This value is obtained from /proc/device-tree so
it requires that the kernel exports the device tree.

I'm currently not sure if the --reuse-node option is very convenient to
use. Another way to go would be to suck the complete device tree via /proc
and only update the command line. Any comments on this?

There are two more things sitting on my todo list: SMP support & initrd.

The patch series is also available in the git repository at:

  git://breakpoint.cc/bigeasy/kexec-tools ppc32

Sebastian