kdump not writing any vmcore

Gallus gall.cwpl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:27:15 EST 2010

On 10 February 2010 17:45, Neil Horman <nhorman at redhat.com> wrote:
> To answer that fully, we'd really need the output of the console during the
> kdump kernel boot/capture process.  This will most likely be an initramfs
> problem (or possibly a kernel issue).  We'll be better able to tell with the
> console log
> Neil

It shouldn't be the initramfs problem, because when I test it with
sysrq-trigger, it works fine. Right?

I'm thinking that it can be some driver problem, which is causing
repeated kernel-panic. I'm planning to use NFS and/or FTP. How do you
think? Is this the right way to try to avoid possibly corrupted system
parts?

Does someone have any experience with such problems? Is there
something left to try out?

Regards,
Gallus