How does kdump deal with trampoline allocation?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Dec 29 01:25:39 EST 2010

On 12/28/2010 08:13 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:
>>
>> Well, the trampoline is optional only on 32 bits, and with my changes,
>> it would be unconditional.
>
> What motivates your trampoline rewrite?

The fact that so far four different pieces of code have low memory
trampolines, and each is implemented differently.  Furthermore, I'm
currently being forced to work on a fifth.  This unifies all that code,
but it also makes it unconditional since at least reboot=bios is always
going to need to be there.

	-hpa