2.6.34-rc4 : OOPS in unmap_vma

Parag Warudkar parag.lkml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:58:57 EDT 2010

Hi Borislav

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Borislav Petkov <bp at alien8.de> wrote:

> interesting what he means there - a kexec-enabled kernel or is this the
> "second" kernel his machine kexec'd into after a previous failure. I
> think this could clarify the situation a bit.

It was the kexec'ed kernel that oopsed - the first kernel had no issues.
It was kexec'ing from 2.6.34-rc4 to the same kernel.

After that I have tried to reboot via kexec to try to reproduce the
issue but it either hung completely or resulted in corrupted X and
non-moving cursor.
Kexec from Distro kernel to itself works just fine (Ubuntu 2.6.32-20) however.

I will start a bisect as soon as find time.

Parag