/var/log/messages doesn't have crash info when kernel gets panic/oops/crash

Dharmosoth Seetharam dseetharam at inbox.com
Fri Jun 12 05:25:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have encounter a problem called /var/log/messages does not contain any information
on kernel crash dump.

Prior to enabling KEXEC we saw stack traces and bug info etc in /var/log/messages.
After enabling KEXEC feature those info was missed.

How can we get those missed info in /var/log/messages even when KEXEC feature is enabled.

Any help will appreciate.

Thanks and Regards
Seetharam