newbie question: kexec linux-based bootstrap

Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) bgholikh at cisco.com
Mon Jan 12 18:07:11 EST 2009

> You enabled kexec in the new kernel that you are trying to load or in
> the first/running kernel?  It appears that kexec is not loaded in the
> first/running kernel, but it must be enabled for kexec-tools to work
> correctly.

Yes, that was the problem, now I am getting a new error, I do not care
for crash dump, but when I execute kexec -e it ask me to reserve some
space for it and use kdump kernel, which is not the case I am
interested:

# ./kexec -e -append="root/dev/sdb2"
Memory for crashkernel is not reserved
Please reserve memory by passing "crashkernel=X at Y" parameter to the
kernel
Then try loading kdump kernel

???