kexec keeps crashing the kernel with low memory

Laszlo Benedek laszlo.benedek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 10:27:18 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use kexec and kdump together and everything seems (!)
to work fine if I give kexec a lot of memory (crashkernel=100MB at 16MB).
If I lower the size of the preallocated memory then the original
kernel keeps crashing during booting with random errors right after
the bootup script started kexec. The oops are probably caused by some
kind of memory corruption. This made me thinking. How should I choose
the size of the reserved memory and how can I be sure that it is
'stable' and nothing corrupted the kernel memory ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Laszlo Benedek
p.s.: Can I search in archives of this mailing list? I failed to find
it but I hope it exists somewhere.