kexec-tools-2.0.1 and CFLAGS

Magnus Damm magnus.damm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 04:40:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Simon Horman<horms at verge.net.au> wrote:
> I think you are understanding it right, that the current code fails
> with no optimisation enabled because the unused function isn't optimised
> away. Is there a reason you need -O0? It seems that fixing this is probably
> more effort than its worth.

I don't really need -O0, just happened to pass in a custom CFLAGS
without -O2 to ./configure and then the code didn't compile. Now I
know that I should include -O2 in the CFLAGS to make sure the code
builds.

If it should be fixed or not is a different question. I'm perfectly
happy with things as-is!

Cheers,

/ magnus