kexec source code for ppc32

Albert Herranz albert_herranz at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 23 09:35:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

--- El jue, 23/4/09, Nguyen Hong Kien <kiennh at atvn.com.vn> escribió:
> Hi all,
> Im looking for kexec source code for ppc32. Could you tell
> me where i can get this source code?

The kernel kexec source code for ppc32 is already in Linus' tree:

 http://www.kernel.org

kexec-tools userspace has already code for ppc32 but in its current state is only useful for embedded boards (and after manually tweaking the useable memory ranges and recompiling...).
The code should be modified to use the device tree instead, as with the ppc64 code (all surviving powerpc 32-bit platforms now use a device tree via a device tree blob or open firmware).
If no one steps up, I may dedicate some of my spare time to that (with no guarantees, no dates).

 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/horms/kexec-tools.git

> Thank so much,
> Kien

Cheers,