kdump broken on Altix 350

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Thu Oct 2 01:13:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 04:42:52PM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> Does this make kexec/kdump happier?  Bare minimum testing so far
> (builds and boots on tiger ... didn't try kexec yet).

Hi Tony,

your analysis (in your previous email) was more or less the same
conclusion that I had come too, though I was puzzling over
why you had put the reserved area for cpu0 where you had - I assumed
I was misunderstanding things.

This patch looks good to me.

Jay,

With this patch I assume that we still need an order of operations fix for
kexec-tools but no section merging changes. Is that correct?

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office