kexec on mips - anyone has it working?

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Tue May 27 19:31:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:14:11PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Nicolas Schichan schrieb:

> >> And machine_kexec.c file is in where? It's not in the above one, it's
> >> not in kexec-tools-testing-20080324?
> >

> > machine_kexec.c is in the kernel not in the kexec userland tools.
>
> Aah, I see.
>
> Anyway, it doesn't work - with or without this slight change in
> machine_kexec.c, with kexec compiled from the sources in the link you
> gave or with kexec-tools-testing-20080324, it just doesn't work on
> BCM43XX with OpenWRT patches. At least on Asus WL-500gP.

Hi,

MIPS support was merged into kexec-tools-testing-20080324.
However, as far as I could tell it only supports one of the
many boot protocols that are used by various MIPS machines.

If things aren't working for a particular peice of hardware, I would
start by looking into what boot protocol the kernel uses on that
machine, and making sure that kexec-tools understands it.

As always if there are any patches for MIPS for kexec-tools, please send
them to me and this list.

--
Horms