Reducing the size of kexec util

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Wed May 7 13:11:30 EDT 2008

The current (20080324) kexec binary on x86 is 135KiB.  While not a
problem on a normal distro or runtime environment, it's a chubster
in an embedded role.

Has any thought been given to reducing its 'on-disk' footprint?
The rather obvious, non-default build-time options to only support
specific kernel types and capabilities, jumps to mind.

Beyond build-time options, a Busybox applet would further minimize
size, but maintenance would be painful...

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.