bug/patch for i386 EFI boot

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed Mar 5 10:08:25 EST 2008

>this looks good to me, though there is no need
>to comment out unneeded lines, just remove them.
>
>Also, if you could provide a sign-off line, as
>per Section 5 of http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html
>that would be great.
>
>Finally, your mail reader (or something else) seems
>to have mangled the patch such that leading <space><tab>
>deal as its is easy enough for me to un-mangle it by hand.
>But just so you know.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Horms

Done and resubmitted with a proper subject line with commented out
lines removed. VMware was mangling the leading tabs on the drag and
drop from Linux to OS X ???

And as follow up question. It there any access to
screen_info.orig_video_isVGA besides linking to the kernel? If there
is access to orig_video_isVGA then kexec can setup the screen boot
params as the bootloader intended instead of assuming a default VGA
config. The orig_video_isVGA is the only parameter missing to clone
the initial screen_info information.

Scott