x86: Add /sys/firmware/memmap

Ingo Molnar mingo at elte.hu
Thu Jul 3 10:15:43 EDT 2008

* Bernhard Walle <bwalle at suse.de> wrote:

> * Greg KH <gregkh at suse.de> [2008-06-27 11:18]:
> >
> > Looks good, want me to take this through my tree (due to the firmware
> > core change)?  If so, can you get an ack on the x86 portion from the
> > respective people as well?
>
> Well, the x86 part only applies on tip (because your tree doesn't have
> the e820_{32,64} -> e820 merge). So, wouldn't it easier to ack that
> patch from your side and merge via tip?

Bernhard, i've created a new -tip topic for your changes:
tip/sysfs/firmware-mmap. It is available at:

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git sysfs/firmware-mmap

This will become a 2-commit topic branch once the dependent x86 bits are
upstream. At that point Greg will be able to pull it from -tip and push
it out via the sysfs tree.

I've added it to the tip/master integration rules to give it testing and
to make sure any subsequent x86 changes stay in sync with the e820 API
changes your patches required.

	Ingo