kexec kernel with embedded initrd?

Sven Anders anders at anduras.de
Wed Dec 17 18:45:40 EST 2008

Hello!

Sorry to bother you, just a short question, because I didn't find anything
in the documentation or mailing list and I want to know if it should work
before I try to find the error.

I want to boot a kernel (bzImage) with an embedded initrd (CPIO archive using
the CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE option).

Can I simply load the kernel with kexec or do I have to extract the initrd
first and load them using the --initrd option?

If I have to extract them first, is there a tool for this?

Regards
 Sven

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <anders at anduras.de>                 () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Mark Peters