Kdump Automation Mechanism

Cai Qian caiqian at cclom.cn
Thu Aug 14 04:03:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am wondering if this is the right project to accept Kdump automation files. For example, Kdump
daemon init script, mkdumprd (read from Kdump configuration file and generate Kdump initramfs for
the system), default Kdump configuration file, tools to compress vmcore etc.

The problem I am having right now is that, I am trying to write a Kdump test suite, but I could
not
find a easy way to write a general enough suite for every distro to use. Red Hat and SUSE have
slightly different setting up. Debian and Ubuntu don't have Kdump automation mechanism as the time
I was checking. Also, It make things much easier for different distros and users to pick it up and
contribute to those efforts.

Thanks,
CaiQian