[Kgdb-bugreport] Problem getting kgdb to read kernel symbols. addresses shifted?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Fri Sep 28 19:40:33 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Well, gdb agrees with System.map, so I'm sure that gdb itself is
> okay.  It's certainly possible that that the kgdb stub is weird,
> but /proc/kallsyms doesn't match System.map, and THAT'S what's
> confusing me most of all.

Ok.  So we must have a relocatable kernel that figures it has been
relocated.  Interesting.

What is your bootloader?
What is your kernel version?
What is your kernel config?

The only time I would expect to see what you are seeing is if
you are debugging the kdump kernel, which doesn't sound like
the case.

If we actually have a truly offset kernel then while things
may not be perfect this is at least expected.  I don't think
I have heard of anyone handling this case very well.

> Which was how long ago?  ;)

Long enough ago that I don't remember when ;)

Eric