[Kgdb-bugreport] Problem getting kgdb to read kernel symbols. addresses shifted?

Pete/Piet Delaney pete at bluelane.com
Fri Sep 28 17:45:05 EDT 2007

Jason Wessel wrote:

Shouldn't crash, kdump and kgdb take into consideration a
shift in the kernel so that gdb works normally?

Seems that having the kgdb stub knowledgeable of a shift
in the kernel might be easy to compensate for. Perhaps
just mapping all reads and writes that lie within the
original kernel segments to the shifted addresses.

-piet